Family Law Attorney in Waco, TX
At Hutson & Harris, our family law attorneys in Waco bring many decades of combined legal experience. We help individuals and families facing intensely personal and often stressful issues. We know how difficult it can be to confront the legal system in a divorce, child custody, marital property division, or other family law matter. The most private and vital aspects of your life may feel threatened, from your relationship with your children and the property and assets you have built, to your future financial resources as a single person.
Divorce and family law issues can bring forth emotional chaos and bitter conflict all of which can obstruct your path towards rational decisions, efficient resolution, and a smooth transition into the next phase of your life. That is why you need the objective guidance and steady hand of an attorney who understands the specifics of your situation, how Texas law impacts it on every level, and how to help you safely navigate the family court system towards an optimal resolution.
For divorce and other family law issues, contact Hutson & Harris online or at (254) 735-1933 for a free, initial consultation.
Family Law Cases in Texas
Divorce and family law matters can be simple or complex with many and varying circumstances that make each case unique. Every family law client that comes to our firm will receive a personalized approach that is tailored to your individualized family factors, your legal needs, and ultimate goals.
We represent clients in all types of family law matters, including:
- Contested and uncontested divorce.
- Same-sex divorce that involves complications regarding child custody, marital property, and more.
- Child custody, also referred to as “conservatorship” and parenting plans.
- The division of marital property and debt.
- Child support.
- Spousal support/alimony.
- Paternity in which an unmarried parent seeks to establish the father’s parenthood for child support or custody purposes.
- Modifications of existing family court orders based on substantial changes in your life or financial circumstances.
- Enforcement of existing court orders that have been violated by an ex-spouse or coparent.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to determine property and financial rights and responsibilities in the event of divorce or death.
- Restraining orders in cases of domestic violence.
- Child welfare that includes Texas Child Protective Services, including investigations and adversary hearings.
Why Choose us as Your Family Law Attorney
Hutson & Harris is a family law firm that applies its representation on the basic foundation of genuine care and concern for all clients facing difficult legal matters. We take your legal problem personally and do everything within our power to provide highly-professional help aimed at achieving the best possible results.
As part of our practice, we offer mediation services as well to help you reach agreements and settlements outside of court. Where you and the other party can commit to resolving your divorce or family law disagreements privately with cooperation and proper compromise, we can assist either as lawyers providing advice or with Attorney Chris Harris as a Certified Texas Mediator.
Where agreements cannot be reached through negotiation or mediation, our team is prepared to take your case to family court. Throughout it all, we are committed to the pursuit of your best interests and a fair and effective resolution.
Meet with one of our Waco family law lawyers for a free case review. Arrange your appointment by calling (254) 735-1933 or contact us online today.
YOU NEED TO KNOWWe're more than just the guys who make viral music videos.
WE WILL WORK TO CHANGE YOUR OPINION ABOUT LAWYERS
It’s unfortunate that so many people view lawyers as a necessary evil. You should like and trust your lawyer.
WE WILL FIGHT TO GET YOU THE BEST POSSIBLE DEAL
There are few things in the legal system that cannot be resolved through effective, aggressive negotiation backed up by trial skills.
WE WILL TREAT YOU LIKE A HUMAN BEING, NOT A CASE FILE
You’re a person, not an ATM. Too many attorneys treat their clients that way, but not us.